Monday, September 15, 2008

Figure painting hurts my brainmeats...

Welcome to Episode 4 of Kelly-arts. I'm here to report, happily, that the first week (and a half?) of school were a success! I am enjoying my classes (even math!) and all my teachers are awesome, as usual.
First I had Intro to Printmaking, which I have on Friday with Termeh. Here are my first two lino-cut prints - apologies for the photo quality! Many of these are taken with my cell phone as I can't take all of them home while they dry.


Then on Mondays I have Intro to Figure Painting with Jason Bowen. I already had him for Intermediate Fig so we already get along and I know how he teaches, kinda...but I was NOT expecting to be awful at figure painting. I am awful with plane changes and my color is all wrong and I'm like temperature-blind and just BLUGH. The only thing I've done right so far was the still life homework which isn't even a figure. Woe! Ah well, I'll just have to go to tons of workshops. Here is my still life homework, and week 1 and week 2 in-class paintings.


Tuesday is Fine Art Heads and Hands with Tomutsu, which has gone swimmingly so far - pretty small class, it's really nice! I think I'm really going to grow this semester with my head drawing. Anyway, hopefully I can post some HH pictures later on, as well as some character designs I've been doing on the side when I'm not working or crapping homework assignments.

3 comments:

Ying Chen said...

Dude, you didn't tell me you have a blog! I'll link you.

Are you taking Chris Canga's class? I'm TA-ing :)

paac said...

Kelly! Hey! Didn't know you had a blog either, hehe. Awesome stuff (wo)man! aaaand cya in class! (thanks for linking me :D:D although Antonsson is with an o, because I'm Anton's son, that's how last names work in iceland (my son will be Petursson)) Ok bye!

Donna S. said...

KElly =) Hello!!!! It's Donna =D

I LIKE YOUR DRAWINGS AND PAINTINGS =D