Monday, September 22, 2008

Character Design fun time

In light of the extremely-helpful character 360 assignment from Chris's clothed fig class, I've been doing some three quarters front/back designs of some of my characters. It's a good exercise for making proportions consistent and drawing clothes onto figures. They're sort of for fun, but they'd also be cool to use later for like a senior project or something. They could use some tweaking, but I'm happy with the result so far. Couple other characters on the way.



The guy on the left is Joseph, he's uh, an angry, hairy type who likes to hang around the saloon a bit too much. The guy on the right is Dodge. He's a civil war surgeon-turned-outlaw. See, he has a suave manpurse full of goodies. With lock picking tools and weapons and crumpets and such.

2 comments:

Brandon Pike said...

Awesome as always!! Great characters, great paintings, great figure drawings haha. I always love your western characters, I can't wait to read your next comic. Anyway Its good to hear from you and yeah that was an assignment, symmetrical charcoal haha.

Emerson Tung said...

I'M ON YOUR BLOG, DROOLINGZ ON YER WERKS.