Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Direct drawing, continuous line...and pirates!

Sooo in Clothed fig today we did continuous line drawings, and I actually had a ton of fun with it - direct drawing was not as painful as I thought it was going to be, so I guess I should have tried it sooner, it's very liberating, and my drawings are a lot cleaner. Anyway, blah blah, we had the Baron today - those are him in the first picture there. Below that is two pirate drawings from a week before. Also our big last project of the semester was Joan of Arc! Giganto historical character project.



This pirate was actually a young woman but I made her into a greasy old pirate. Awesome.



This is the second part of my clothed figure project, the 4 action poses + expressions. So much work...but it was funnnnnnnn times.

3 comments:

Janet Ji Song said...

awesomeness! Your line quality is getting a whole lot better! (:

C.B. Canga said...

hi kelly,

i'm glad you have a blog up and running. it would be a shame not to show off all the nice work you do. these drawings are great as always. i'm glad you had fun and took a lot from my class.

i hope i see you at my quickstudies workshop on monday nights this fall. 4-7 pm in the powel building.

i will stop by to check on your work here. keep on posting.

chris

Eddie O. Rodriguez said...

I continue to be impressed by your work Kelly. I miss painting with you guys in room 402. Your ability to draw from your head is impecable.